[rt-users] custom field help text and dates

Tim Bell tim.bell at cern.ch
Thu Apr 26 15:42:58 EDT 2007

A couple of questions on custom fields

- I would like to be able to define some help text for custom fields to
give more details.  Is there a way of making either a pop-up hover text
or a link when the custom field description is clicked on to give the
users more of a hint of the meaning of the field ?

- I have some custom fields which are dates.  The RT date fields have a
calendar button but I can't find a way of getting this for a custom
field.  I can restrict the date formats using patterns but I would like
to be able to choose the value from a calendar view by month.

Thanks,
Tim