[rt-users] Query to find open tkts where customer hasn't been replied to

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Wed Aug 8 21:57:34 EDT 2007

I don't think there is a way in RT to perform the search you want (at least
not a straightforward one).  You're best bet is to create a custom script
to perform a mysql query that would identify tickets that would match the
following criteria:

(status is open) AND (last update was performed by the requestor) AND
(difference in time between current time and last update is greater than
one hour).

James Moseley

             Gary Oberbrunner
             <garyo at genarts.co
                                       James Moseley
             08/08/2007 08:24          <jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com>
                                       rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [rt-users] Query to find open

James Moseley wrote:
> Additionally, you probably want to use a status of 'new'.  New tickets
mean
> they haven't been touched.  Of course, new tickets don't have a 'Told'
> value.  If a ticket is open, it's been touched in some manner, but it
> doesn't mean that the customer has been responded to...
>
> Are you looking for tickets that have never been touched but are more
than
> an hour old, or you trying to identify all open tickets that simply
haven't
> been updated within the last hour?

Thanks for the reply, James.

Not that it hasn't been updated, but specifically the customer updated
the ticket (via email normally) and nobody's answered them.  They're
waiting for a response.  I don't care if a ticket hasn't been updated
for a couple of days, as long as we were the last ones to email the
customer (i.e. the ball's in their court).

If there were specific ticket states for who last updated the ticket
that would help.  Or if I could check LastUpdatedBy <> Owner that would
do it too.

Isn't this a common thing, to want to find the open tickets that aren't
being handled in a timely fashion?

== Gary