[rt-users] race condition in "take ticket"

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Mon Aug 13 14:56:16 EDT 2007

In the dark ages, I reported some problems we had with our customer
service people all clicking "take ticket" at the very same moment,
and all of them succeeding (in their own view).

This just happened to us again (twice today!)  Three people clicked
on the take link at the same time, and all three of them were
assigned as the owner in succession.  The last one is the only one
that "stuck".

I'm running 3.6.3; the production box hasn't been updated to 3.6.4
yet.  Wasn't this race squashed a while back?  I'm on postgres if
that matters.

The ticket history shows it clearly:

#  Mon Aug 13 14:15:13 2007 pXXXXXX - Taken

#  Mon Aug 13 14:15:13 2007 mXXXXXX - Taken

#  Mon Aug 13 14:15:13 2007 sXXXXXX - Taken