[rt-users] how to add members to user defined group in RT

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 15 13:18:32 EDT 2007

Akila,

	The "Unprivileged" are already in a group, a "System Group". Sounds
like you want many little "sub"-unprivileged groups each with a
different identity so they can each have access to their own queues
only. Have I got that right? "Unprivileged" by it's natural definition,
means "without rights/privileges". Yet, you want them to have rights. By
the act of putting them into user-defined groups with privileges, you
have tried to make them privileged users without defining them as such
to the system, while at the same time trying to keep them classified as
"Unprivileged". You're trying to have it both ways. Why don't you just
identify them all and put them into little user-defined groups with
limited rights to certain queues and no rights to the others.
	If you can't always identify them, you could also just not give any
rights to the "unprivileged" system group for all queues except the
one(s) they need access to and for those queues give them "CreateTicket"
and "ReplyToTicket" globally or on a queue basis. I'm not sure about
closing tickets. Perhaps giving the right "ModifyTicket" only to the
global role "Owner" would keep other people from messing with other tickets.
	The only problem with the last suggestion is that ALL "unprivileged"
will have those rights for ALL the queues that allow unprivileged users
to have rights to that queue.
	I know that sounds confusing (a bit?) but there really should be a way
to configure these rights in a satisfactory way. I hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL