[rt-users] Seeking notification method advice

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Wed Aug 22 11:33:48 EDT 2007

Hi Tim,

The number of schools is small enough that I'd do it this way:
1.  Create a group with the same name as each school (BHS in this
case).  The members of the group are the respective techs.  This lets you
scale to multiple techs at a single location or have a single tech cover
multiple locations.
2.  When you get the info from your LDAP query (BHS), use it to get the
e-mail address of each member of the BHS group, then send your notification
to the resulting e-mail list.
3.  As techs come and go, just update the group membership.

Have fun!
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC