[rt-users] Best ways to create a web based ticket submission without login?

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Thu Aug 30 17:33:06 EDT 2007

Hi Thierry,

As Robert suggested, let your web app validate the data and then send RT a
formatted e-mail.

If you need to track data using custom fields, write an On Create scrip
that parses the e-mail (easy, because it's in your defined format) and
fills in your custom fields.  If you don't have custom fields, you probably
don't even need any custom scrips.  If that's all the automation you need
and you don't want the user to be able to access the ticket using RT, it's
very simple.

Regards,
Gene

--