[rt-users] Unable to install HTML::Mason

Zembower, Kevin kzembowe at jhuccp.org
Thu Aug 30 16:12:48 EDT 2007

While trying to install my first ever RT, I'm stumped by my inability to
install the perl module HTML::Mason, as shown in the 'make testdeps'
output. Installing HTML::Mason seems to depend on installing
Apache::Request, which, when I attempt to install it, reports "mod_perl
1.x ( < 1.99) is required at Makefile.PL line 34." Unfortunately, my
mod_perl is >1.99, specifically, "mod_perl is up to date (1.9916)".

Has anyone here faced this problem and found a solution?

System is:
-bash-3.00# uname -a
Linux www.jhuccp.org 2.6.9-55.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Jun 12 17:58:20 EDT
2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
-bash-3.00# perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.5 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

-Kevin

Kevin Zembower
Internet Services Group manager