[rt-users] how to limit create ticket permission to particular email domain

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 4 16:11:00 EST 2007

At Tuesday 12/4/2007 04:01 PM, Gene LeDuc wrote:
>Hi Tom,
>
>I don't think RT lets you do permissions that way.  The way I handle
>a similar situation is I use the OnCreate scrip to check the address
>(in the Prep Action code) and then delete the ticket
>("$self->TicketObj->SetStatus('deleted');") and return 0 if it's not
>an allowed address.
>
>Regards,
>Gene
>
>At 12:45 PM 12/4/2007, Tom H wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I was wondering whether its possible to allow everybody with an address
>>like me at mycompany.com to create tickets, and reject everyone else.
>>(rather than give everyone the create ticket permission)
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Tom

Another way would be to create a custom email filter (goes into
lib/RT/Interface/Email/Filter). This is more complicated that a
scrip, but it has the advantage that no tickets will be created for
the unwanted messages.

Or you could do similar filtering outside of RT, I suppose.

Steve