[rt-users] how to notify my "queue" group that a new ticket is created

Christopher Short cshort at n6.com.au
Mon Dec 10 23:11:58 EST 2007

Hi Tom,
RT is mostly web-based these days so users assigned to a queue are expected to notice the new tickets via the "newest unowned tickets" display on their RT homepage. The easiest way for them to be emailed about new tickets is for them to be watchers on that queue, but they will then receive all emails sent to the queue. (Not just new tickets).

I suspect you could also write some clever little scrips to send out emails just when new Tickets are created, but I'm not sure of the details.
Christopher