[rt-users] Problem with outgoing mail

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Wed Dec 12 09:18:54 EST 2007

Hello Keith!

I think the problem is maybe the fact that the mail protocol
has two sender. The first is the envelope sender, "the real one",
the second is the body "From:" where you can write whatever you
think is a good idea. The first on is something like
"apache at machine.domain.xx", the second one is what you set
as configuration in RT.

What I suspect is that your postfix config is not set up in the
right way.
Try to send as root s simple mail 'mail -s "testme" you at youdomain.xxx'
Look if this mail is send, if not you have to look for
the postfix config. I expect that you try to send the mail directly
to the customer, but most mta wont accept mails from unknown
servers directly. So you should send them to a relayhost, maybe
your company mta, or your isp mta

hope this helps!

sven