[rt-users] Alter custom field (rt-3.4)

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Wed Dec 12 09:59:26 EST 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 09:26:37AM -0500, Todd Chapman wrote:

> Not sure if this is what you mean. You can add a new CF value, then run a
> query for the old value, and then in the bulk update page remove the old
> value and add the new one.

Thanks for the response. Here's what I did. I have a CF that is "Select
one value". I changed an existing value to a new name. Unfortunately,
this update did not propagate to the tickets that were already tagged.
So, I need to find a way to re-classify all those tickets which have the
old value in the CF field.

I hadn't considered your idea, but, when I went to do the multiple
update, I discovered that RT-3.4 cannot update custom fields.

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Technologies - Web Site Development & Programming
W: http://www.knowmad.com | E: william at knowmad.com
P: 704.343.9330 | http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/williammckee