R: R: [rt-users] Having problems with a default install of 3.6.5

Gianluca Cecchi gcecchi at peviani.it
Mon Dec 17 04:57:43 EST 2007

I was only able to read your answer some minutes ago.. Next time please send messages to all the list, so that eventually other guys could give quicker replies...

The 'Configuration' link resolves to the same page as yours for me, so it doesn't seem a problem about rt itself.
When you have a link pointing to a directory, it defaults to some kind of page into that directory, tipically index.hmtl.
You define it inside apache configuration file (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf on my fc6).

Pehaps your apache config is different form the default one...
The directive inside httpd.conf is DirectoryIndex and it is this one below for me:

# DirectoryIndex: sets the file that Apache will serve if a directory
# is requested.
#
# The index.html.var file (a type-map) is used to deliver content-
# negotiated documents.  The MultiViews Option can be used for the
# same purpose, but it is much slower.
#
DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var

I have also this in my rt3.conf file (see in particular the "RedirectMatch" entry) under /etc/httpd/conf.d/.
Don't know if could be another source of problems if misconfigured:

Alias /rt3 "/usr/share/rt3/html"

PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /usr/sbin/webmux.pl

<Directory "/usr/share/rt3/html">
  AllowOverride All
  Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

<Location /rt3>
  RewriteEngine On
  RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>