[rt-users] How to implement "customer groups" or "request groups"?

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Dec 17 20:11:13 EST 2007

Stephan, Christopher,

	We had a similar situation; we wanted requestors to see their tickets
and any others from users in their group, but not the tickets from other
users/requestors NOT in their group. We handled it by creating a
front-end queue. Then we created a different queue for all the requests
that came from the same group or type of requestors. When a request is
sent to the front-end queue, it serves as a waiting place. In that
queue, Requestors can see their OWN tickets, but that is all. Once that
ticket (and any others from the same requestor-type group) has been
reviewed and approved for work, it is moved to a queue that represents
those common requests, basically from those requestors from the same
group. Then we can grant group rights to that "specific" queue for the
common group of users so everyone can see what else is in that queue,
but not in the other queues for the other user groups. It's a little
more work, but essentially it serves to seperate requestors into common
groups and requires the tickets to be looked at and reviewed before
being worked on anyway. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL