[rt-users] Strange Shredder/MySQL Behaviour

Mathew Snyder theillien at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 06:42:56 EST 2007

For the past week I've been cleaning out our user cache to eliminate orphaned
"users" created by since deleted spam.  Looking in var/data/RTx-Shredder I see
the .sql files created during these Shredder runs so I would expect to see users
which I've already removed within these files.  However, this isn't the case.
After an instance of Shredder completes, I go back to continue my task and find
the same users are, again, in the list.

In order to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong I've removed some of these
users in small batches of one to 10 and reloaded to see if they have been
removed.  The page reload after Shredder completes indicates that they have been
taken out.  I've then grep'ed the files created for the users I had removed and
sure enough, there they were in the .sql files.  However, after a significant
period of time (the last instance completed sometime yesterday afternoon and I'm
looking at it again for the first time at 6am) the users I removed are once
again in the list.

I've also cleared out my browser cache to make sure it wasn't loading an old
version of the page.

The settings which I'm using for the Users plugin:
Limit: 1700
status: any
name:
email:
replace_relations: user_name
no_tickets: 1 (I've tried leaving this blank as well with the same results)

What the crap is happening here?

--
Keep up with me and what I'm up to: http://theillien.blogspot.com