[rt-users] Re: Getting data from Excel into RT?

Steve_McStravick at BreconRidge.com Steve_McStravick at BreconRidge.com
Thu Feb 1 09:12:28 EST 2007

I found http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ManualApprovals as a good
source for the format you are looking for, it gives a list of Acceptable
fields.
You'll have to parse the Excel data somehow.  When I did it I took a
flatfile and imported into a database table, then wrote a query that output
the correct format.
Once you have the format you can use the "Offline" feature in RT.  Make
sure you turn off the RT mail server before starting the import, otherwise
all of the ticket requestors will get mail sent to them.

Basically the format for using the "Offline" feature is :

===Create-Ticket: <identifier> (basically here I just used a sequential
number, it doesn't relate to the RT ticket #)