[rt-users] Server error: Not Found (404)

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Thu Feb 1 11:45:59 EST 2007

I also could not get this to work and spent a great deal of time trying
to get it to work, and none of the ways to give it a .rtrc file worked
for me. In the end, since I was running it from a perl script, I had no
choice but to run `export RTSERVER=http://foo.bar;export RTUSER=foo; rt
show foobar`

John James wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just started running RT 3.6.1, web and email fine AFAIK, but I cannot get
> the CLI to work.
>
> My .rtrc file is:
>
> ser    John
> server  http://jupiter:88
> passwd  XXXXXX
>
> but when I execute /opt/rt/bin/rt I get:
>
> rt: show: No objects specified.
> rt: For help, run 'rt help show'.
> rt> rt list "Status = 'new'"
> rt: Server error: Not Found (404)
> john at jupiter:~>
>
> It doesn't ask for my password, so I assume the .rtrc file is read OK (if
> the passwd is missing, I'm prompted)
>
> Any ideas??
>
> John

Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 (0) 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
http://www.jennic.com
Confidential