[rt-users] Getting data from Excel into RT?

Peter Wood pwood at christianbook.com
Thu Feb 8 09:16:47 EST 2007

Jesse et al:

> With a bit of coaxing, the "tools - off line" item from RT's
> main menu,
> will take a tab-separated spreadsheet in the same format as
> RT's "export
> to spreadsheet" search result functionality.

Since the spreadsheet I have is in a proprietary format, I wrote a Perl
script that would take a TSV export of the spreadsheet, map its fields
into fields that are usable in RT (I did have to create some custom
fields), and then export it into the format used by RT's offline import
feature. It seems to work pretty well.

Peter