[rt-users] Child tickets

James Donnelly james.donnelly at txt4.com
Fri Feb 9 11:03:53 EST 2007

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered, I can't find anywhere to search the list.

I'm trying to utilise a callback offered on the best-practical wiki:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?CreateChildTicket

The first problem is that it refers to a callback in Ticket/Display.html
named BeforeShowHistory.  I can only find one called BeforeDisplay, but I'm
guessing it doesn't matter, so I'm using that one.

RT is referencing my callback ok, but I get this error:

error:  Can't call method "Id" on an undefined value at
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/Callbacks/txt4Callbacks/Ticket/Display.ht
ml/BeforeDisplay line 4.
context:

1:

<FORM ACTION="<% $RT::WebPath %>/Ticket/Create.html"
NAME="CreateTicketInQueue">

2:

<input type="submit" value="Create child request in">

3:

<& /Elements/SelectQueue, Name => 'Queue', %ARGS, ShowNullOption => 0,
ShowAllQueues => 0 &>

4:

<input type="hidden" name="new-MemberOf" value="<%$Ticket->Id%>">

5:

<input type="hidden" name="Subject" value="Child of: <%$Ticket->Subject%>">

6:

</FORM>

7:

8:

<%INIT>

code stack:
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/Callbacks/txt4Callbacks/Ticket/Display.ht
ml/BeforeDisplay:4
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/Elements/Callback:70
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/Ticket/Display.html:147
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/autohandler:215

I can't figure out how arguments are passed to callbacks from the docs
available, or how else I might make the ticket id visible to the callback.

I tried the SpawnChildTicket one (which would also work for me) but
experienced a very similar problem:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?SpawnChildTicket

Any ideas?

Cheers,

James

--

James Donnelly

TXT4 Ltd
Unit 4.02
The Tea Building
56 Shoreditch High Street
London
E1 6JJ

 <mailto:james.donnelly at txt4.com> james.donnelly at txt4.com
 <http://www.txt4.com/> http://www.txt4.com

tel:
fax:
mobile:

+44 (0)20 7729 0700
+44 (0)20 7729 1619
+44 (0)7971 012 622

only for the addressee and should not be disclosed, distributed, copied or
printed without the prior written agreement of TXT4 Ltd. If you are not the
intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you should not use, disclose, distribute, copy or print.
Please notify the sender by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system immediately. Any views or
opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of TXT4 Ltd.