[rt-users] Email Correspondence

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Tue Feb 13 06:22:16 EST 2007

Matt Hunt wrote:
> Hello All,
>     I have a problem with my RT system, I have just noticed that when I
> REPLY to a ticket there is no outgoing mail, so the user does not get
> updated via email.

Can you just confirm that the ticket is not one you are the requestor
for - as RT by default does not e-mail you about your own ticket if you
are the one that made the change.

Also, does other mail get sent successfully? Is there any output in
/rt/var/log/rt.log to indicate that the scrip for sending mail is or
isn't run?

If you can confirm that it's not a ticket you are the requestor for, and
the scrip is being run.. then it might be worth adding some debug
statements to the perl script to find out where the process is failing:

$RT::Logger->debug("This is a debug statement to be entered into an RT
perl script, and I can confirm the value of \$variable is $variable");

OR

use Data::Dumper
$RT::Logger->debug("My variable is a complicated data structure like an
array or an RT ticket object so I will use Dumper to print an
easy-to-read version of the variable.\n\nThe variable \$var is:\n\n" .
Dumper($var));
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 (0) 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
http://www.jennic.com
Confidential