[rt-users] RE: Delayed action scrips and combining scrip email output

William J. Horka whorka at hmdc.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 13 11:08:39 EST 2007

rt-users-request at lists.bestpractical.com wrote:
> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:33:36 -0500
> From: "Jacob Helwig" <Jacob at buschs.com>
> Subject: RE: [rt-users] Delayed action scrips and combining scrip
> 	email output
>
>> 1) A scrip is needed that will take conditional action at a point in
>> time after a transaction occurs. For example, we would like the
>> autoresponse scrip to send an autoresponse 30 minutes after a ticket
> is
>> received, but only if the ticket was not responded to in that time. It
>> seems to me that putting a 30 minute sleep() in the autoresponse scrip
>> is not the correct way to do this since scrips are intended to be
>> transactional. Does anyone have any alternate suggestions for this?
>>

> What about using rt-crontool run every n minutes to look for new tickets
> created within a specified time range?

Thanks for the suggestion. That could work, although I suppose I would
need to write custom RT::Conditions for each condition we wanted to test
-- the above was a simplified example, which could use
RT::Condition::UntouchedInHours. We also have a need to identify if a
ticket changed queues within a period of time, which I was hoping to do
using an event-driven scrip and RT::Condition::QueueChange. Using
rt-crontool I suppose it would be necessary to write a
RT::Condition::QueueChangeInHours that iterates over the last n ticket
transactions.

      -Bill

--
William Horka