[rt-users] RT / apache setup in a shared hosting environment

Jeff Garvas jeff at cia.net
Tue Feb 20 00:30:57 EST 2007

I have experience with an older version of RT working on one of my machines
with mod_perl, but I'd trying to do a fresh installation with Dreamhost (
www.dreamhost.com).  Dreamhost supports FastCGI, but it seems that I am
unable to use ScriptAlias or Alias in .htpasswd.  (I to not have access to
httpd.conf)

Has anyone had any success getting RT to work in an environment like this?

I can change where the directory root is but I can't seem to get rt to come
up.  I'm a little bit confused as to where the DocumentRoot should be for
FastCGI installations since I can't use ScriptAlias.

Is there any work around for this type of environment?