[rt-users] Google Summer of Code

Dmitri Tikhonov dtikhonov at vonage.com
Wed Feb 28 16:43:49 EST 2007

Jesse Vincent wrote:
> What would you like to do/see done as part of a RT summer of code
> project?

Hi Jesse,

How about improving performance for very large databases (I am talking
millions of tickets)?  There are a couple of approaches I have been
considering:

1. Do away with dynamic policy and calculate it once per user session
(this would probably require removing per-ticket rights).

2. Do a better job of caching policy results (*HasRight business) and
associate it with user session, so they virtually become free.  I have
been given it some thought (and code) lately and can elaborate if you're
interested.

   - Dmitri.