[rt-users] 3.6.1 - how to set default language for all users ?

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Mon Jan 1 12:49:06 EST 2007

* On 21/12/06 09:29 -0200, Dario Luis Coneglian Oliveros wrote:
| Does anyone know how to set a default language for all users ?
| I wonder if there's any property to set in RT_SiteConfig.pm or via web.

I could set the language for 1 user, then lookup the user properties in
the DB and see what has been put on the column for language. I'd then
just run a query to update that field for all users. Here is what I am
talking about:

1. I have logged into the web UI and changed my language from English to
   French.
2. I then logged into the RT database and run a query to show me the
   columns in the table Users.
   I found that the field that contains the language setting is called
   'Lang'

sql> select Lang from Users where EmailAddress = 'wash at wananchi.com';

It returned 'fr' as the language.

So, for you, depending on the language you want (say if you wanted
everyone to use French as the display language):

UPDATE Users SET Lang = 'fr';

That would do it.

PS: I did not check on RT_SiteConfig.pm whether there is a setting
there.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington            		. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
wash () WANANCHI ! com			. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121			. (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |