[rt-users] Search not working

Jon Daley bestpractical at jon.limedaley.com
Mon Jan 8 17:09:06 EST 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Kyle Sharp wrote:
> I am continually frustrated by the search function in the RT program.  I
> want to search through the content of a ticket, but everytime I attemp to I
> get a returned result of zero.  Even if I go to an advanced search and enter
> "content LIKE 'word'" I still get a result of nothing.  However, I am able
> to perform a search by looking for a word that is contained in the subject,
> but never a word that is in the content.

Have you seen the text on /Search/Simple.html?
I just did two fulltext searches today, I hadn't ever done that before.

Search for tickets. Enter id numbers, queues by name, Owners by username
and Requestors by email address. RT will look for anything else you enter
in ticket bodies and attachments.

Searching the full text of every ticket can take a long time, but if you
need to do it, you can search for any word in full ticket history for any
word by typing fulltext:word.

RT will look for anything else you enter in ticket subjects.