[rt-users] CustomFieldValues vs ObjectCustomFieldValues

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 12 09:24:37 EST 2007

Not quite - CustomFieldValues has the list of values you defined for a
select CF. ObjectCustomFieldValues has the values for a CF that have been
chosen for a ticket (object, really).

So if you have a 'select one value' custom field called Platform, and you've
defined 'Mac', 'Windows' and 'Linux' as values for the CF, you would see
these three values in CustomFieldValues.

And if you set this CF on ticket 100 to be 'Mac' and on ticket 200 to be
'Linux', you'd see two entries in ObjectCustomFieldValues, one saying that
ticket 100's value for Platform is 'Mac', and the other saying that ticket
200's value for Platform is 'Linux'.

Steve