[rt-users] Generating readable Reports (accent problem/encoding)

Mario Gomide mariogomide at agricultura.gov.br
Fri Jan 12 13:54:30 EST 2007

I´m using RT3.4 with MySQL 5.0.30 and Perl 5.8.8.

I´ve got a serious problem with encoding.
I want to generate reports by using iReport 1.3.0 in PDF format. The
problem is that the data that I get from the database is not with the
correct encoding.
Whenever there are characters with accents, such as "á" (aacute), my
reports come out with "á".
I took a look at the database and the accented characters where all
weird like the example above.
The RT web interface is fine and e-mails are fine too.
I´ve already tried to mess around the I18N.pm file, but I had no success.
I don´t know much of Perl, so I would really appreciate if somebody
could help me out with this.
I don´t really know wether it is a Perl problem, or a MySQL problem, an
RT bug etc...

Thanks a lot!
Mario Gomide