[rt-users] Re: Status of RTx::AssetTracker

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Thu Jan 18 21:43:36 EST 2007

Todd Chapman maintains Asset Tracker and lurks on these lists. I believe
that the wiki site for AT is on a personal machine of his so it's not
reliably up and it's been wiki-spammed a few times. I think he switched
jobs recently so there hasn't been an update in a year or so. But we sed
AT 1.2.3 a great deal and it's excellent. It integrates with RT very
tightly and we're using it to manage all assets, build config files for
services, and much more. You basically have to define your data schema
for asset types (read, custom fields) and then it's all visible in the
RT GUI. I wrote a REST extension so that you can view/modify assets just
like tickets over raw http or using the "rt" command-line. This will
probably be incorporated into the next AT version to be released.

PK