[rt-users] Mass Delete

slushpupie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 15:59:55 EST 2007

I have a queue with over 15K spam messages in it, and I want to delete
every one of those messages.  Using the bulk update for this really
isn't feasible at 100 per page, and the browser runs out of memory if
I do unlimited.

There are no other tickets in the queue, so I thought this might be a
chance to just do some SQL queries directly on the database.  But I
want to be as safe about it as I can be.  I can do a query like this:

update tickets set status = 'deleted' where queue = 42

(42 is the numeric id of the queue in question)
But this dosnt update the transactions table.  Is that safe? It also
seems kind of wasteful to keep all that data around when we have no
need for it, so removing things from the attachments table popped into
my head, but I wasnt sure how good of an idea that was either.

Has anyone ever had to deal with this? Whats the best way to move forward?

Jay