[rt-users] RT 3.6.3 upgrade

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 15:45:53 EST 2007

On 1/31/07, Michael Hogan <mhogan30 at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, it is not showing an outgoing mail there either.  I have tracked down
> the issue a little further.  My apache logs showed errors with the
> Date::Format module which I installed from cpan before the upgrade.  It is
> required when running make testdeps.  It was looking for the Date/Format.pm
> in a bunch of directories and it wasn't there.  cpan had installed it in my
> perl 5.8.5 directory instead of 5.8.8.  I copied it over to the other
> directory but now I get this error:
>
> [Wed Jan 31 20:32:31 2007] [error]: Scrip Prepare 3 died. - Require of
> RT::Action::Autoreply failed.
> "strftime" is not exported by the Date::Format module
> Can't continue after import errors at
> /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm line 59
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm line 59.
>

> I am currently trying to track this down.  Any help would be appreciated.
> :^)
Instead of copying things around what is really weird way to do things
done in this case you should run installer with perl 5.8.8 binaries.
If you're using the cpan shell then just do:
/path/to/perl5.8.8 -MCPAN -eshell
and then do install XXX.

If you install things from a tarball yourself then do:
/path/to/perl5.8.8 Makefile.PL && make && make test && sudo make install

--
Best regards, Ruslan.