[rt-users] RT3 under https - Ticket create button uses http and not https

Robert Long rlong at bluegecko.net
Thu Jul 5 17:22:34 EDT 2007

Hey David,

I've run into a similar problem, and I think this has shown up on the
list before as well.   Here is what I did to fix this:

In the file /usr/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.8/RT (your location may be
slightly different), around line 194:

    if ($uri->host  eq $server_uri->host &
        $uri->port eq $server_uri->port) {
            $uri->host($ENV{'HTTP_HOST'});
            # $uri->port($ENV{'SERVER_PORT'});
    }

make sure that

$uri->port($ENV{'SERVER_PORT'});

is commented out.

You will likely need to start apache for this to take effect.

Everyone else:

Since this is not the first time this problem has come up, is this
expected behavior?  Am I doing some wrong, have an invalid setting in my
configuration or a goofy setup somehow?  Also what exactly is that
segment of code doing?

Thanks,

.r'