[rt-users] How do I give access of RT only to a exclusive group of users?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Jul 9 10:12:17 EDT 2007

On Jul 8, 2007, at 7:00 PM, Hasibul Haque wrote:

> I have installed RT on one of our systems and am wondering how do I
> make RT accessible to only a group of exclusive users.
> I received a lot of spams in on one day in my default
> rt@*****.com  email address so I need to take this measure so that
> only users I allow can open a trouble ticket by email and all other
> spams are not accepted.
> We run our own Posfix mail server and al of my users also are
> subscribers to different Mailman lists that runs on the same mail
> server.

If you're willing to create all your users from your mailiman lists,
you can take away the CreateTicket
right from Everyone.  That way only "approved" users can create
tickets.  Instead, you can grant the
CreateTicket right to just privileged, or perhaps privileged and
unprivileged users.

> Also, is there a way to delete these spams that I have allready
> received  from the RT system?

If marking them deleted isn't sufficient, you can look into
RTx::Shredder

-kevin