[rt-users] RT 3.4.5 not showing transactions

Alex Moura alexsm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 17:23:50 EDT 2007

Hello,

After searching the lists history and googling a lot, I turn to
your wisdom that maybe can help us solve an infrequent
and misterious problem that's generating lots critisicm from
our manager towards RT's credibility.

We've been using RT since 2001, now running RT 3.4.5 with
Apache MySQL 4.1.22 over FreeBSD-6.2, installed via
FreeBSD ports.

We are experiencing a problem (bug?) where some tickets
transactions aren't displayed on the web interface, although
they can be read on mail sent by RT to admins and watchers.

One recent problem was an email sent by a Thunderbird 1.5.0.9
(Linux) where the ticket history is shown completely blank, but the
received email was readable.

Another case was an email message (sent by another Thunderbird
(don't know which version, running on Windows XP) sent with
attached files (.XLS spreadsheet).

This ticket I managed to confirm that the email text and attachment
were recorded in the database, using the RT CLI tool. But the ticket
content (text) is not shown on the web interface.

Maybe this is some kind of renderization or encoding (MIME, 8bit,
8-bit etc.) problem? Could be an issue with MySQL encoding
configuration?

Is there a way to verify / confirm encoding problems?
What else do you suggest me to confirm what could the problem?

The only log of the server about the problem is this, that is
registered everytime some client opens a problematic ticket.

[Wed Jul 11 16:13:39 2007] [warn] FastCGI: server
"/usr/local/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi" (pid 55127) terminated due to
uncaught signal '11' (Segmentation fault)

For some unknown reason we've never been sucessful on
having RT logging work on our servers (could be a problem
with the platform / port?) so, I am unable to see detailed info
about what's RT doing.

Relevant info:
FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE  |  apache+mod_ssl-1.3.37+2.8.28  |  mysql-server-4.1.22
|  rt-3.4.5 |  fcgi-devkit-2.4.0  |  mod_fastcgi-2.4.2_1  |  p5-CGI.pm-3.25,1
|  p5-FastCGI-0.67

Thanks in advance,

Alex