[rt-users] FastCGI issues?

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Mon Jul 16 18:37:09 EDT 2007

Change your SiteConfig to:

Set($WebBaseURL , "https://rt.abc.com");
Set($WebImagesURL , "/NoAuth/images/");

Drop all the webport stuff - you don't need it.

In your rt.conf file, add:

Alias /rt/NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

Or possibly just: Alias NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

The difference is how RT has relative paths setup in all the Perl code...
I am not sure.

Lastly, change DocumentRoot in rt.conf to:

/opt/rt3

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest backing out of making RT the root of your
virtual server and just make it a subdirectory and see if you can get it
going that way:

Set($WebPath , "/rt");
Set($WebBaseURL , "https://rt.abc.com");
Set($WebImagesURL , $WebPath . "/NoAuth/images/");

In rt.conf

Alias /rt/NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
ScriptAlias /rt /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
DocumentRoot /opt/rt3

Your RT URL would then be: https://rt.abc.com/rt/    (don't forget the
trailing slash)

If the latter setup works, you are just going to have to play around with
your Apache virtual directory setup until you get it working correctly.

James Moseley

             mailing list
             <sunlist at yahoo.co
                                       jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com,
             07/16/2007 04:51          rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [rt-users] FastCGI issues?

--- jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com wrote:

> A couple of things.  I assume you have this somewhere in your apache
> configs:
>
> LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so
>
> Apache probably wouldn't start up without loading this module in your
> configuration, but...

Yes, I have the above line.

> Also, what are the following values in RT_SiteConfig.pm?
>
> Set($WebPath)
> Set($WebBaseURL)
>
> In your configuration, I would assume the following:
>
> Set($WebPath , "/");
> Set($WebBaseURL , "https://rt.abc.com");

No $WebPath is set.  The below is for WebBaseURL.

# $WebBaseURL doesn't need a trailing /
Set($WebPort , 443);
Set($WebBaseURL , "https://rt.abc.com:$WebPort");

Do I need the WebPath? maybe this is the culprit?  Can it be added anywhere
or
before WebBaseURL?

that gives answers, not web links.