[rt-users] Couldnt open File 'sessions.MYI' in /opt/rt3/var/session_data

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Wed Jul 18 16:48:32 EDT 2007

OK - here you go:

mysql> describe sessions;
+-------------+-------------+------+-----+-------------------+-------+
| Field       | Type        | Null | Key | Default           | Extra |
+-------------+-------------+------+-----+-------------------+-------+
| id          | varchar(32) | NO   | PRI | NULL              |       |
| a_session   | longtext    | YES  |     | NULL              |       |
| LastUpdated | timestamp   | YES  |     | CURRENT_TIMESTAMP |       |
+-------------+-------------+------+-----+-------------------+-------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

James Moseley

             John Schubert
             <johnschubert at yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  Ole Craig <ocraig at stillsecure.com>,
             rt-users-bounces@         Drew Barnes
             lists.bestpractic         <barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu>
             al.com                                                     cc
                                       RT-Users at lists.bestpractical.com,
                                       John Schubert
             07/18/2007 03:38          <johnschubert at yahoo.com>
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: [rt-users] Couldnt open File
                                       'sessions.MYI' in
                                       /opt/rt3/var/session_data

I went through the MySQL tutorials and created test
tables to delete, within test databases and got that
down.  I also went ahead and practiced importing and
populating fields within a table, from a flat file.

I've gone through all the the RT documentation,
researched the archives, and even went through all of
the files in my version's archive ( tar file ).
However I can't find the command that creates the
table during initial installation.  I believe the
sessions table is actually something very simple from
a post I found in the email archives.

So, I'm asking for a little help since I'm again at a
standstill.

Where is the script that creates the DB to begin with?
Maybe I could use something from initial-database to
manually create it myself.

Can someone do a show tables and then show what the DB
is expecting (char, number, etc) for fields within the
table 'sessions'?  I could just make the command
myself to create if I know what is being passed to
MySQL.

Thanks again.  It feels like I'm only a step or two
from getting this back up. If I get it back up, I'll
create a simple "How-To" on how I recovered from this
for the next noob...and how to avoid.

Respectfully,
John

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/database-use.html