[rt-users] Has anyone gotten RT working under FC as installed from yum?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:28:46 EDT 2007

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com wrote:

> As stated by several different folks, FCGID is a completely different
> alternativie to Apache's mod_fastcgi.  You use one or the other.
>
> No, fcgi.pm is not part of mod_fastcgi, etc.  It's one of many perl modules
> that are required by RT.  From the error, it looks like this particular
> perl module is not installed, or otherwise can't be found.
>
> You *really* need to download the RT source and do a 'make testdeps' to see
> if you have all the required perl modules installed.

But the point of having things in a yum repository is supposed to be
that someone has already packaged all the parts you need for the Linux
distribution in question and configured them as rpm dependencies.   If
this has been done, yum should automatically install everything.  I
haven't looked at the fedora package, though.  Maybe it wants to use
mod_perl.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com