[rt-users] Has anyone gotten RT working under FC as installed from yum?

Robert Long rlong at bluegecko.net
Wed Jul 18 20:48:21 EDT 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:
> jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com wrote:
>
>> As stated by several different folks, FCGID is a completely different
>> alternativie to Apache's mod_fastcgi.  You use one or the other.
>>
>> No, fcgi.pm is not part of mod_fastcgi, etc.  It's one of many perl
>> modules
>> that are required by RT.  From the error, it looks like this particular
>> perl module is not installed, or otherwise can't be found.
>>
>> You *really* need to download the RT source and do a 'make testdeps'
>> to see
>> if you have all the required perl modules installed.
>
> But the point of having things in a yum repository is supposed to be
> that someone has already packaged all the parts you need for the Linux
> distribution in question and configured them as rpm dependencies.   If
> this has been done, yum should automatically install everything.  I
> haven't looked at the fedora package, though.  Maybe it wants to use
> mod_perl.

We use mod_perl over here, and I suspect that's what made the RPM
install easy on FC6.  Looking at the SPEC file I see:

Requires: perl(mod_perl2)

I'd say if you're going to use RT out of the yum repository you should
probably use it with the mod_perl if you want it all to 'just work'.

Though I'm not sure that RT is being maintained in the Extras category,
its been a few weeks since 3.6.4 and no update for FC6.  I just rolled
my own packages..

.r'