[rt-users] RT 3.6.4 on CentOS 4.5: FastCgiIpcDir /tmp: already defined?

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Fri Jul 20 11:48:41 EDT 2007

That help document tells you to place RT-related Apache configs in:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/FastCGI.conf

Then later it tells you to edit the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file to
place more RT-related content there.  But technically, those lines are
commented out...

Anyway, the problem as I see it is that there are two operations that are
defined twice via the two config files:

FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -processes
4

Make sure the above two lines are included in only one of the configs and
then restart.

James Moseley

             Pooh-Bah
             <poohbah431111 at ya
             hoo.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
             rt-users-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.bestpractic
             al.com                                                Subject
                                       [rt-users] RT 3.6.4 on CentOS 4.5:
                                       FastCgiIpcDir /tmp: already
             07/20/2007 10:25          defined?
             AM

I am installing RT 3.6.4 on a CentOS release 4.5,
Kernel 2.6.9-55.0.2.EL virtual machine.

I am using the instructions from the "Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 4 Update2 + RT 3.6.3 + FastCGI 2.4.2
Install Guide" at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/RHEL4InstallGuide .

When I do a /etc/init.d/httpd start I get the error:

-cut-

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 1039 of
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp: already defined as "/tmp"
-cut-

I have tried to google and search the RT_users
archives but do not seem to find a fix.

Can anyone please help me solve this?