[rt-users] monitoring RT

Jay Lee jlee at pbu.edu
Mon Jul 23 10:08:34 EDT 2007

Nicholas Clark wrote:
> Yes, but this doesn't catch the case where the web server is working, the
> database is working, but the mod_perl has got itself into a state where the
> database handle is invalid and spewing errors, but DBI still thinks that it's
> connected. I was already assuming that the low level services could be
> monitored easily.

You could probably write a simple bash script using lynx, wget or curl
that would login as a user (might want to create one just for this
purpose with very limited rights) and pull up some a small ticket.  If
you link directly to the ticket then the query would only be pulling out
that tickets data rather than pulling "RT at a Glance" or a search would
use more juice than necessary.

Jay