[rt-users] Your internal change procedures?

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 23 14:28:32 EDT 2007

Tom,

	We are in the process of designing a "workflow" process that is
executed by scrips that require a CF to be changed to a specified value
(approval of the request, approval of the testing, approval of the QA
results, etc.) before automatically promoting the ticket status to a new
value ("rq approvd", "qa approvd", etc.). This meant adding some new
ticket status values, creating a Custom Field with values relative to
the approval of each stage of development, an "Approval Group" as the
only group with the permission to modify said CF and of course, the
scrips to execute when the CF is modified. We initiated this design as a
more robust answer to the "Approvals" concept that RT offers as a default.

Kenn
LBNL