[rt-users] RT not connecting to database?

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Wed Jul 25 19:21:37 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 04:10:08PM -0500, James Moseley wrote:
> Please list the Set($Database* entries you have in RT_SiteConfig.pm

Set($DatabaseHost   , '10.12.14.149');
Set($DatabaseRTHost , '10.12.14.149');

#The name of the database user (inside the database)
Set($DatabaseUser , 'rt_user');

# Password the DatabaseUser should use to access the database
Set($DatabasePassword , '***********');

# The name of the RT's database on your database server
Set($DatabaseName , 'rt3');

> Also, have you run 'make testdeps' to see if you are missing any perl
> modules?

No.  RT was installed as an RPM via yum from the FC7 extras repository.

FWIW, I installed a CentOS 5 host to try to install from source again...
and am once again trapped in a hopeless maze of unresolvable
dependencies.  Tons of the items that make fixdeps wants to install
fail, but there are so many of them rushing by, I couldn't begin to
guess what's failing or why.  This is why I wanted to get the RPM
install working.