[rt-users] RT not connecting to database?

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Wed Jul 25 23:26:08 EDT 2007

Our mysql database is on separate server as well, however, I have
$DatabaseRTHost set to 'localhost' via the defaults in RT_Config.pm.  You
might try changing to localhost as well.  I will admit I don't know what
this variable defines, exactly...

I will still suggest you download the source and run 'make testdeps' on the
box you are trying to get RT working on.  I am not suggesting that you
actually go through with trying to install from source, just suggesting
that you do this to find out what perl modules may be missing.  At this
point, neither you, me, nor the list knows for sure if all the necessary
perl modules have been installed via the FC7 yum RPM.

James Moseley

             John Oliver
             <joliver at john-oli
             ver.net>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
             rt-users-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.bestpractic
             al.com                                                Subject
                                       Re: Re: [rt-users] RT not
                                       connecting to database?
             07/25/2007 06:21
             PM

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 04:10:08PM -0500, James Moseley wrote:
> Please list the Set($Database* entries you have in RT_SiteConfig.pm

Set($DatabaseHost   , '10.12.14.149');
Set($DatabaseRTHost , '10.12.14.149');

#The name of the database user (inside the database)
Set($DatabaseUser , 'rt_user');

# Password the DatabaseUser should use to access the database
Set($DatabasePassword , '***********');

# The name of the RT's database on your database server
Set($DatabaseName , 'rt3');

> Also, have you run 'make testdeps' to see if you are missing any perl
> modules?

No.  RT was installed as an RPM via yum from the FC7 extras repository.

FWIW, I installed a CentOS 5 host to try to install from source again...
and am once again trapped in a hopeless maze of unresolvable
dependencies.  Tons of the items that make fixdeps wants to install
fail, but there are so many of them rushing by, I couldn't begin to
guess what's failing or why.  This is why I wanted to get the RPM
install working.