[rt-users] RT not connecting to database?

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Thu Jul 26 12:50:55 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 07:28:02PM -0700, Mike Friedman wrote:
> John,
>
> I think I missed the earliest parts of this discussion, so let me just
> ask:  are you using SSL to connect to your remote MySQL database?

No :-)

Right now, I'm just trying to get RT working "out of the box".  I
haven't even thought about any bizarre customizations.  Honestly,
thinking about doing something like SSL makes me want to just shoot
myself in the head... anything that's this difficult and time-consuming
simply to install cannot be customization-friendly.