[rt-users] rights for create ticket in queue drop down

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 26 16:03:52 EDT 2007

Roy,

	To answer your first question; I do NOT give them the "ShowTicket"
right. Without that right, they will not see any ticket in a queue. The
second question; "ModifyTicket" as a right INCLUDES the right to comment
on a ticket. This allows you to grant users the right to comment on a
ticket but not change anything else on the ticket. We do not let
users/customer modify tickets. User's/customers make the request, reply
on E_mail, make comments, but all other work and status changes, etc. is
done by the support staff, who, as a group, are allowed to own tickets.
We do not grant ANY of these privileges on a global basis, but on a
Queue by Queue basis as some Quyeue may not want their customers to even
see or make comments. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL