[rt-users] RT not connecting to database?

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Thu Jul 26 18:37:13 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 05:07:45PM -0500, James Moseley wrote:
> Have you checked the mysql logs or done a 'show processlist' in a mysql
> shell to see if the connection attempt by RT is even making it to the mysql
> server?

>From the RT host, I can connect to the database server via the mysql
command and:

mysql> show processlist;
+----+---------+-------------------------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
| Id | User    | Host                    | db   | Command | Time | State
| Info             |
+----+---------+-------------------------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
| 56 | rt_user | rt3.xxxxxxxxxxxxx:40169 | rt3  | Query   |    0 | NULL
| show processlist |
+----+---------+-------------------------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Nothing is logged to /var/log/mysqld.log when I try to access RT, but
nothing is logged if I log in via the CLI either.

BTW, I fixed all perl dependencies:

[root at rt3 rt-3.6.4]# make testdeps | grep -v found
/usr/bin/perl ./sbin/rt-test-dependencies --verbose --with-mysql
$VAR1 = {
          'with-STANDALONE' => 0,
          'with-MASON' => 1,
          'with-MAILGATE' => 1,