[rt-users] Priority escalation question

Mathew Snyder theillien at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 06:30:53 EDT 2007

We have a queue for which tickets are due in 3 days.  The initial priority is 50
and the final priority is 75 (strange, I know. It isn't my plan, that's for
sure).  I have the escalation cron job set for 9pm every night due to our "day"
starting with the 9pm shift.

I noticed something I don't quite get.  I saw a ticket which was created at 6pm
on Friday June 15.  The cron job ran at 9pm Friday promoting it to the next
priority level then again on Saturday promoting it to its final priority level.
 That isn't even 3 days and it was already at its final priority.

As we are a 24-hour shop, when I think of three days, I think of 72 hours as
opposed to three "8-hour work days" for a total of 21 hours.  So a ticket
created at 6pm Friday would only be 51 hours old or, just 2 days and 3 hours old
when it reaches final priority.

Is there something that can be changed in the code to fix this or is the only
fix a matter of simply running it after midnight so a ticket is always first
promoted a "day" after it was created?

Thanks
Mathew
--