[rt-users] RT Query builder slow

Neil Turner neil.turner at netbanx.com
Thu Jun 28 07:47:06 EDT 2007

>> We have mysql 5.022 - can you let us know why that is a problem?
>Mysql 5.x uses wrong order of joins for a query. We have no solution
>on RT side. I tried to fix this problem >several times, but now I
>think we have to file bug into mysql bug tracker.

OK, thanks for the info, however see below

> How many users you're seeing in the select box? 1-100 is ok, 1000 is not.

We got to the bottom of this, one particular queue had
privileges set such that Everyone could be an owner of
a ticket.  The QueryBuilder was attempting to populate
the Owner dropdown list with everyone who had emailed
RT (tens of thousands!)

Disabling this feature fixed this problem - QueryBuilder
now displays in under 3 seconds now.

Thanks

Neil