[rt-users] Issue with command by email extension

Robert G. Werner rwerner at usscript.com
Thu Jun 28 13:43:31 EDT 2007

Robert G. Werner wrote:
> Jeff Platter wrote:
> [snip]
>> How does commandByEmail know to ignore this? Or doesn’t it? And if
>> not, what can I do to prevent this from being a problem in the future?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Jeff
> [snip]
> CommandByEmail has a rather simpleminded approach to parsing.  Any 2
> words starting at the beginning of a line separated by a colon are
> treated as a command.
>
> To deal with I use the attached perl script to filter out colons to mail
> coming to rt queues exposed to the outside world.  This could easily be
> modified to add exceptions,  other munging of the message,  etc.
[snip]
Oops,  I needed to clarify my script's use of SpamAssassin.  I'm not
actually calling it in this script because all of my mail is already
checked on arrival at the gateway.  That is why I can check the
X-Spam-Score header without ever creating a SA object.

--
Robert G. Werner (Network Systems Administrator)
rwerner at usscript.com

559.244.3734