SV: [rt-users] I just can't figure out how to get the values from mycustom fields!

Brian Kjelin Olsen BKO at schilling.dk
Mon Mar 5 19:30:08 EST 2007

Hi Steve

I did try your code example with enthusiasm but still there weren't any
values.
I did notice 2 odd things (well... odd to me at least).

1) The scrip is executed in the same moment when the user press comment,
reply, etc. This is just before the ticket transaction custom fields are
presented and that is for sure a reason why I never get any values! I
really wonder why the scrip is executed (before?) the transaction?!? I
mean

2) The scrip part "Custom action cleanup code" wasn't executed. I can't
figure out why, but suddenly it did execute that action part again. I'm
sure that I must have done something wrong - but shouldn't it only be
from the condition part you can control whether to execute both action
parts or not? It really doesn't matter too much to me. It just seems
odd, and odd was what I was looking for.

It seems that is was "still close but no cigar" :-)
Thanks anyway!

- Brian