SV: SV: [rt-users] I just can't figure out how to get the values from my custom fields!

Tobias Heinz tobias at formelheinz.de
Tue Mar 6 09:00:14 EST 2007

Dear All,

I am trying to achieve something very similar but somehow I run into the
same problem and I am not able to read the value from my custom field.

I am on rt 3.4.1 - debian.

CustomField2 is a ticket transaction custom field. It is a selection of
a value and either "Yes" or "No"

Building on the previous information in this thread my custom condition is:

$RT::Logger->debug("Get names of transaction Custom fields from the
ticket object");
if (my $TCFs = $self->TicketObj->TransactionCustomFields())
     {
     while (my $CF = $TCFs->Next()) {
         $RT::Logger->debug("Get values from transaction custom field '"
. $CF->Name . "' from the transaction object");
         my $values = $self->TransactionObj->CustomFieldValues($CF->Name);
         my $CFV = $values->Next();
         $RT::Logger->debug("Inhalt ist:");
         $RT::Logger->debug($CFV->Content);
     }
         $RT::Logger->debug("End of getting values from transaction
custom field  from the transaction object");
     }
$RT::Logger->debug("End of getting names of transaction Custom fields
from the ticket object");
return (1);

Based on the content of this custom field, I would like the condition to
return 1 or return undef.

I get the following in my log:
[Tue Mar  6 13:21:11 2007] [debug]: Get values from transaction custom
field 'CustomField2' from the transaction object ((eval 499):11)
[Tue Mar  6 13:21:11 2007] [error]: Scrip 22 IsApplicable failed: Can't
call method "Content" on an undefined value at (eval 499) line 15.

Any help would  be greatly appreciated. So far I was not able to access
the custom field value at all.

Many many many thanks for any help in advance,

Bestest

Tobias Heinz