[rt-users] Self Service > SQL lockup

Steve Huston huston at astro.princeton.edu
Thu Mar 8 16:44:01 EST 2007

In expanding our RT install to do other things, I've set it to accept
external auth (which Apache does against LDAP) and autocreate users
(Yes, there's the LDAP overlays which do a better job - I may look at
them shortly for other reasons).  I'm thinking I'll have to mass-change
usernames since currently they're all email addresses, but in this one
case I've worked around that.

I've got a test user, and their email address and username are correct
in RT.  If I give them privileges, they can login to RT just fine.  If I
take those privs away, but they still are allowed to "access RT", they
should get the self-service page.  And I do get the beginning of it -
then mysqld shoots to 100% CPU and does nothing interesting.  If I kill
that thread in phpMyAdmin, the page for the testuser looks normal, just
reports no tickets.

Any ideas on this one?  I don't want to have to turn on the "let this
user be granted rights" option for all the people I'll want to have
access, but so far that's looking like the only way to fix this.
Running mysql-server-5.0.27-1.fc6, rt3-3.6.3-1.fc6.  I've also set the
mysqld options "optimizer_prune_level=0" and "optimizer_search_depth=5"
but they don't seem to have helped much at all.  And to be honest, I
don't know if they would have :P

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285